Saturday, January 20, 2007

Forget the front-loaders!

After one week without a washing machine and Sears' inability to fix it (the drum of my 4 year old, top-of-the-line, Kenmore Elite, King capacity, heavy duty unit rusted out and detached itself from the agitator bolt), I've decided to buy the top-loading Whirlpool Cabrio. (I would never buy another Kenmore product)

This is one decision where form took a back seat to function. Of course I wanted my laundry room to feature the "fresh front-loader look", but after numerous hous of research, I learned that the rubber gasket used to seal the front door traps water which leads to mold. Even worse, the gasket needs to be replaced often or water will leak through the door.

The love affair ended when I saw these machines in person. The shiny chrome rings on the door front are plastic and the pedastals make the units look massive.

No comments: